Building Tomorrow’s World Today
What we do
By bringing together cutting-edge technologies and materials, SHS create environments that build communities from the ground up and improve the lives of people who live in them.
Together, we have the skills and the scale to build world-changing, sustainable living solutions effectively and efficiently. We work with governments, NGOs and partners, including UNOPS, to deliver sustainable projects globally that stand the test of time.
How we do it
How we do it:
• We use Baupanel Technology, an eco-friendly building solution that creates low-cost, safe structures at speed. Baupanel is an integrated structural system that is seismic resistant, thermally acoustically insulated, and is based on a set of structural panels The Bau technology was created under the leadership of top engineers and universities across the world for the Expanded Polystyrene Systems (EPS) and has been accredited by both governments and leading institutions such as the London Underground.
• We run Suite Living, which delivers secure, cost-effective student friendly environments. Created out of the realisation that hundreds of thousands of students globally are living in sub- standard accommodation as a result of landlord’s negligence, Suite Living offers safe living campuses to enhance student productivity and university experiences.
• Bau Lifestyle is our lifestyle company that fulfils the needs and desires of home buyers and developers to furnish
residential, hotels, corporate and other spaces to provide turn- key, stylish pre-packaged home or room setting, complete with furniture solutions to suit any budget.
The inability to access clean and safe drinking water is a fundamental barrier to human progress. Dirty water brings sickness, hinders school attendance and inhibits people from reaching their full potential. That’s why we work with partners to create technology and techniques that increases access to clean water.
We work with:
- Desolenator, a water technology company that makes clean water universally available and affordable. Its integrated patented system combines the thermal and electrical energy from a PV panel, with a process of heat exchange to produce pure water. As such, the Desolenator is completely energy independent. With support from its partners, Desolenator’s projects deliver the technology to vulnerable communities that struggle to access clean water on a daily basis. Desolenator
We work with:
- VectorCide is an innovative coating which can be applied to buildings to protect people from insects carrying diseases such as malaria and Zika. The Vectorcide coating is tested by The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and case studies include application to the wall of mud huts in Zambia and reported success of the product.
SHS currently addresses 7 out of the 17 UN sustainable goals
Good Health and Wellbeing
Clean Water and Sanitation
Affordable and Clean Energy
Decent Work and Economic Growth
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Sustainable Cities and Communities
Partnerships to achieve the Goals
UNOPS, Government and SHS announce plans for 10,000 affordable homes across the Caribbean, with at least 3,000 of them in Antigua and Barbuda. The project aims to generate more than $30 million of initial private investment. The gross development value of the homes...
The Government of Guinea has joined one of the largest affordable housing initiatives in the world, following a new agreement to partner with Sustainable Housing Solutions (SHS) and UNOPS. The agreement, part of UNOPS Sustainable Infrastructure Impact Investments...
Nigeria’s Ekiti State will join one of the largest affordable housing initiatives in the world, following a new agreement that will see at least 50,000 affordable homes built by Sustainable Housing Solutions (SHS) and partners UNOPS over the next decade. The...