Building Tomorrow’s World Today
What we do
By bringing together cutting-edge technologies and materials, SHS create environments that build communities from the ground up and improve the lives of people who live in them.
Together, we have the skills and the scale to build world-changing, sustainable living solutions effectively and efficiently. We work with governments, NGOs and partners, including UNOPS, to deliver sustainable projects globally that stand the test of time.
How we do it
How we do it:
• We use Baupanel Technology, an eco-friendly building solution that creates low-cost, safe structures at speed. Baupanel is an integrated structural system that is seismic resistant, thermally acoustically insulated, and is based on a set of structural panels The Bau technology was created under the leadership of top engineers and universities across the world for the Expanded Polystyrene Systems (EPS) and has been accredited by both governments and leading institutions such as the London Underground.
• We run Suite Living, which delivers secure, cost-effective student friendly environments. Created out of the realisation that hundreds of thousands of students globally are living in sub- standard accommodation as a result of landlord’s negligence, Suite Living offers safe living campuses to enhance student productivity and university experiences.
• Bau Lifestyle is our lifestyle company that fulfils the needs and desires of home buyers and developers to furnish
residential, hotels, corporate and other spaces to provide turn- key, stylish pre-packaged home or room setting, complete with furniture solutions to suit any budget.
The inability to access clean and safe drinking water is a fundamental barrier to human progress. Dirty water brings sickness, hinders school attendance and inhibits people from reaching their full potential. That’s why we work with partners to create technology and techniques that increases access to clean water.
We work with:
- Desolenator, a water technology company that makes clean water universally available and affordable. Its integrated patented system combines the thermal and electrical energy from a PV panel, with a process of heat exchange to produce pure water. As such, the Desolenator is completely energy independent. With support from its partners, Desolenator’s projects deliver the technology to vulnerable communities that struggle to access clean water on a daily basis. Desolenator
We work with:
- VectorCide is an innovative coating which can be applied to buildings to protect people from insects carrying diseases such as malaria and Zika. The Vectorcide coating is tested by The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and case studies include application to the wall of mud huts in Zambia and reported success of the product.
SHS currently addresses 7 out of the 17 UN sustainable goals
Good Health and Wellbeing
Clean Water and Sanitation
Affordable and Clean Energy
Decent Work and Economic Growth
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Sustainable Cities and Communities
Partnerships to achieve the Goals
Media from New groundbreaking deal to deliver half a million homes in Pakistan. Agreement is part of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s National Housing Strategy to build at least five million housing units in the country. read more here ...
Agreement is part of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s National Housing Strategy to build at least five million housing units in the country. A new agreement between the government of Pakistan, SHS Holdings and UNOPS will see at least 500,000 new affordable homes...
New agreement signed and funding secured to start implementation Construction begins: Show homes now in development in Nairobi 3000 jobs for local workers expected to be created A new agreement has been signed between Kenya’s state department for housing, UNOPS and...